Why was there not more opposition?
1. Many people were pleased with what the Nazis were doing.
The Economy was recovering
Communism was less of a threat
Germany was improving
2. Many people voted for the Nazis.
People believed the Nazis had the legal right to do what they were doing
3. People did not know what was happening.
Nazis kept some of their policies quiet.
e.g. Aktion T4*- Nazis told parents their disabled children had died from natural causes
Nazis used propaganda to promote their ideology
Censorship was used to stop the media saying anything bad about them
5. The Nazis were strong and very powerful.
People were afraid that they would be attacked by the SS or arrested by the Gestapo
People did not know who were Gestapo as they were secret informants
6. Not many people spoke out against the Nazis.
Those who were against the Nazis did not work together and form a large group of revolutionists against the Nazis.
Working together would have made them stronger.